Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection has carved a niche in the luxury river cruise industry, offering passengers first-class service, decadent décor and furnishings, sumptuous cuisine, all-inclusive travel and exclusive excursions. Below, the Cruiseabout team takes a closer look at this award-wining cruise line, which has been delighting passengers for over 40 years.
Did you know?
- Uniworld was founded in 1976.
- The cruise line was acquired by The Travel Corporation (TTC) in 2004. The international travel group boasts over 30 brands, including Trafalgar, Contiki and Red Carnation Hotels.
- Uniworld has a variety of themed cruise itineraries available. The Monarch Collection focuses on Europe’s royal heritage, while the Connoisseur Collection highlights French food and wine. There are also cruises dedicated to exploring Europe’s Christmas markets and Germany’s Jewish heritage and culture.
- The cruise line offers many multigenerational cruises aimed at ensuring the whole family can enjoy the cruising way of life. On select itineraries and departures, kids aged between 4-18 years can travel for half price.
- Passengers travelling with Uniworld can visit destinations in Europe, Russia, China, Egypt, India, Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Guests who have cruised with Uniworld automatically become part of the River Heritage Club and gain access to member-only savings and benefits, such as private parties, complimentary laundry service and fruit platters, and room upgrades.
Awards and Accolades
- Travel + Leisure’s ‘World’s Best River Cruise Line’ for 2016.
- Recipient of TravelAge West’s Wave Award (Editor’s Pick) for Best Overall River Cruise Line in 2015.
- In Condé Nast Traveller’s 2014 Readers Cruise Poll, five of Uniworld’s cruise ships placed in the top 40 river cruise ships.
- Winner of the ‘Best for Dining’ award in 2011 and ‘Best Luxury River Cruise Line’ in 2014 from Cruise International.
- There are 13 cruise ships in the cruise line’s European fleet.
- The European collection of vessels boasts an average capacity of 130 guests and the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the river cruise industry.
- The newest river cruise ship is the S.S. Joie de Vivre, which was launched in March 2017.
- At 443 feet long, the S.S. Antoinette, S.S. Catherine and S.S. Maria Theresa are the longest ships in the fleet. To be able to dock in the heart of Paris, the S.S. Joie de Vivre was purposely designed to be smaller than its sister ships, at 410 metres in length.
- With a guest capacity of 116 and a crew of 41, the River Ambassador has one of the highest staff-to-guest ratios in the fleet.
- Several cruise ships specialise in exploring particular rivers. For example, the River Countess travels along the River Po in northern Italy, the Queen Isabel sails along the River Douro, and the S.S. Joie de Vivre will explore France’s River Seine.
- The Queen Isabel has the highest number of suites in the fleet, with 20 spacious rooms available.
Want to experience the splendour and wonder of Uniworld’s boutique river cruises? Get in touch by calling Holiday Tours on 03-62866218 today or email. As Uniworld’s preferred agent in Malaysia, our experienced cruise consultants can find the perfect Uniworld cruise for you and assist with flights, accommodation and travel insurance.